- Microsoft changes its licensing terms
Microsoft is offering a single Microsoft Products and Services Agreement (MPSA) to simplify its volume licensing agreements. But what does it mean to SAM?
- Dell launches startup competition
Dell has launched a competition offering two UK startup entrepreneurs free office space, technology solutions, mentorship and networking opportunities
- Indian IT services more business expertise than low cost, says Nasscom
Indian IT services firms are no longer simply vehicles for Western businesses to make massive cuts in IT costs, says Nasscom
- Scabal moves to the cloud for storage flexibility
Clothing manufacturer Scabal is moving its entire IT infrastructure to Interoute’s cloud for flexibie storage
- Where is Satyam now? Well, it’s not Satyam for a start
Satyam, which was rescued from collapse in 2009, has plans for restoring its position as a top-tier Indian IT services provider
- UKtech50 2013 - the most influential people in UK IT
Computer Weekly has announced the fourth annual UKtech50, our definitive list of the movers and shakers in UK IT
- Computer Weekly UKTech50: Rising stars 2013
Computer Weekly announces the top ten people who have the potential to shape the future of the UK technology industry
- Server revenue in Europe is on a downwards spiral
Server revenue is at its lowest level in 15 years, Gartner’s worldwide server shipments market share report
- Up to 1,100 jobs to go in the UK as HP Europe faces the squeeze
HP is set to axe 1100 jobs as part of its plans to lower operations costs, in a bid to improve profits.
- Proof-of-concept malware jumps air gap with sound card
Researchers demonstrate proof-of-concept malware exfiltrating data using high-frequency transmissions inaudible to humans
- Kōji Higashinaka Appointed To New Position Of Chief Human Resource Officer Of SATO Holdings Corporation
SATO, a leader in barcode printing, labeling, and EPC/RFID solutions, recently announced the appointment of Mr. Kji Higashinaka to the position of Chief Human Resource Officer (CHO).
- MSPAlliance Issues Call For Speakers For MSPWorld Spring 2014
The International Association of Managed Service Providers, has issued the call for speakers for MSPWorld Spring 2014, the leading, best-attended event focused on cloud computing and managed services.
- CompTIA Adds Three New Sales Playbooks To IT Channel Training Curriculum
CompTIA, the non-profit association for the information technology (IT) industry, recently said it has expanded its education and training curriculum for IT channel companies with the introduction of three new sales playbooks on emerging market opportunities.
- RSPA's Thought Leadership Summit Challenges Retail Technology Industry Leaders To Collaborate
The Retail Solutions Providers Association (RSPA) recently announce that its annual thought leadership summit, INSPIRE, will feature the debut of Peer Group-based collaborative education for the retail technology industry.
- VAR Finds New Applications For Smart Printers
Jon Cassell of SmartReceipt lists a variety of applications across multiple verticals that use smart printers.
- Relationships between clients and agency recruiters becoming more complex - REC
Recruiters will need to up their game to maintain their reputation as the most valued source of quality hires in the eyes of HR professionals, according to a new report published by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) today. The Client Paradox: The changing relationship between client and agency recruiter explores employers’ current and emerging recruitment priorities, the key strengths that external recruiters are perceived to have, the areas where agencies need to enhance the value they offer and new market opportunities.
- 2013 IRP Award winners announced
The REC’s Institute of Recruitment Professional (IRP) Awards were held at the London Marriott Hotel to celebrate recruitment’s top professionals in a ceremony hosted by the BBC’s Jeremy Vine.
- Implementing automatic enrolment
The Pensions Regulator has recently carried out a series of ‘fact finding visits’ to recruitment agencies to obtain first-hand knowledge how agencies are tacking automatic enrolment.
- REC appoints NSL Validation Solutions as Business Partner
The REC has today announced a business partnership with specialist identity validation organisation NSL Validation Solutions.
- REC identifies priorities ahead of the Autumn Statement
The Chancellor, George Osborne, will set out the government’s economic strategy for 2014 next Thursday, 5 December. Ahead of this, the REC has written to the Treasury to highlight the areas, which we believe should be their priorities to support better business growth.